Northern Rhône Wine Dinner
Domaine du Monteillet and
Domaine M&S Ogier d’Ampuis
On Friday 13th February 2015, the eve of the Ireland v France Six Nations show-down, Dax Restaurant is delighted to welcome the wine makers and their wines from Domains Monteillet & Ogier d’Ampuis at a sumptuous five course dinner from Head Chef Conor O’Dowd.
These two houses represent generations of wine production expertise in some of the world’s most admired and sought for labels from Côte Rotie, Condrieu and St. Joseph.
On the eve of the Six Nations Ireland verses France match we invite you to join us and our guests at a sumptuous five course wine dinner including matched wines from these two premier houses; the following wines will be shown:
- ‘Abrupt’ N.V, Vin Mousseux, Domaine du Monteillet
- Viognier de Rosine 2012, IGP des Collines Rhodaniennes, Domaine M&S Ogier d’Ampuis
- Condrieu ‘Les Grandes Chaillées’, Domaine du Monteillet 2012
- St.Joseph ‘La Cuvée du Papy’ 2012, Domaine du Monteillet
- ‘L’Ame Sœur ‘ 2012, Seyssuel, IGP des Collines Rhodaniennes, Domaine M&S Ogier d’Ampuis
- Côte-Rôtie ‘Fortis’ 2011, Domaine du Monteillet
- Côte-Rôtie 2010, Domaine M&S Ogier d’Ampuis
Five Course Menu and Live Entertainment
The night will be accompanied with live entertainment from the Wayfarers and their traditional Irish music.
The dinner with matched wines is priced at 145 euros per person. Numbers are very limited, there are only 40 tickets available. Seating will be informal at group tables. To ensure a place please purchase a ticket for yourself and the number of people you wish to bring before they are gone.
Purchase a ticket.
DOMAINE DU MONTEILLET
Stéphane Montez has been in charge of his family’s 24 hectare estate since 1997 and has now matured into one of France’s finest wine producers. Having started with a constant sense of experiment, particularly with the use of wood, he has now settled down and has reached a stage where his understanding of his vineyards and how best to transform the grapes that come from them into wine, is at an incomparable level. He makes wines across three appellations; Côte-Rôtie, Condrieu and St. Joseph and whilst his wines have always had a delicious fruit character, today they also show a deep, underlying core of minerality allied to tremendous finesse.
DOMAINE M&S OGIER D’AMPUIS
Whereas many wine producers take a lifetime to make wines of note, at thirty seven years of age Stéphane Ogier is already a shining star of the Northern Rhône Valley. Stéphane showed great promise from an early age, receiving 100 points from Robert Parker for his Côte-Rôtie ‘Belle Helene’ 1999 when he was only twenty two but it is recent years that his talent has begun to mature into a confident, consistent brilliance. Stéphane makes across the three appellations of Côte-Rôtie, Condrieu and St. Joseph as well as exploring and developing hitherto unfashionable and long ignored areas of vin de pays in the Northern Rhône. After recent purchases the domaine’s vineyard holdings now cover just over 12 hectares and his wines have become some of the most sought after in the world today.
23 Pembroke Street Upper, Dublin, D02 AK20
Phone: + 353 (0) 1 676 1494
Dublin Simon Community
Dax supports the Dublin Simon Community both financially and in a volunteer capacity to help their efforts with Dublin's homeless crisis.
TuesdayLunch 12:30-2pm Dinner 6:00-9:30pm
WednesdayLunch 12:30-2pm Dinner 6:00-9:30pm
ThursdayLunch 12:30-2pm Dinner 6:00-9:30pm
FridayLunch 12:30-2pm Dinner 6:00-10pm
- Graham Neville joins Dax Restaurant April 25, 2017
- Olivier donates €8,100 to Dublin Simon April 19, 2017
- Six Nations Rugby Lunches December 28, 2016
- Christmas Holidays December 28, 2016
- Saturday Christmas Lunch 17th December November 29, 2016
- Help Dax help the Homeless this Christmas November 21, 2016
- Rugby Internationals – Autumn 2016 September 6, 2016
- New Early Bird times for autumn 2016 – Culture Night 2016 September 6, 2016
- Festive Season Group Dining September 6, 2016