The NCH is just a five minute walk away from Dax Restaurant; so we are a perfect location for pre-concert dining.
The NCH Summer Season is in full swing with many lunch time events, so its a good time to remind you about our pre-theatre / early bird menu.
Pre-Theatre – Early Bird menu bookings are accepted between 5:30pm and 6:30pm Tuesday to Friday; tables must be fully vacated by 7.30pm sharp to make way for later sittings. But that, of course is perfect timing for a perambulation to Earl’s Fort Terrace and the National Concert Hall.
Our early bird / pre-theatre menu is very competitively priced at €24.50 for 2 courses and €29.50 for 3 courses. It bears excellent on price comparison with the NCH’s own restaurant; and you can be assured of the quality of the food at Dax.
NCH Dates for your diary:
- Friday 22nd July, 8.00pm RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra Opera Gala with Celine Byrne and Alexander James Edwards
- Wednesday 27th July, 8.00pm Tommy Emmanuel
- Thursday 28th July, 8.00pm Barry Douglas, piano – Sublime to Monumental
Make an Early Bird booking
Our fine wines list has been updated with all the latest vintages which you can enjoy with an excellent 20% discount.
Olivier loves to ensure his guests get the very finest food matched to the very finest wines from around the world. More than this he wants you to get great value too.
All the 41 wines listed under Discounted Premier Wines receive a 20% discount when you purchase them in house at Dax.
This list includes Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru, Bonneau du Martray 2013 which scores 93% and a Château Mouton Rothschild 1988 which is perfect for drinking now and is a snip at €795 (before the 20% discount).View The Full List
Our new season summer lunch menu is now published on line
Chef Tomasz Morawski has a put together a distinctly summery selection of dishes. The set menu includes a soup of courgette and rosemary, a salad of blue cheese and pickled beetroot, roasted quail, sea trout, gambas and mussels and a summer French favourite; cured and marinated Irish Mackerel.
The A la Carte has dishes of seared Irish Scallops, Yellow Fin Tuna, Rack of Irish Lamb and seared Halibut.
Summer Lunch is available every Tuesday to Friday from 12:30pm. Set Lunch is only €24.50 for two courses and €29.50 for three courses.
You can book below:
23 Pembroke Street Upper, Dublin, D02 AK20
Phone: + 353 (0) 1 676 1494
Dublin Simon Community
Dax supports the Dublin Simon Community both financially and in a volunteer capacity to help their efforts with Dublin's homeless crisis.
TuesdayLunch 12:30-2:15pm Dinner 6:00-10:30pm
WednesdayLunch 12:30-2:15pm Dinner 6:00-10:30pm
ThursdayLunch 12:30-2:15pm Dinner 6:00-10:30pm
FridayLunch 12:30-2:15pm Dinner 6:00-10:30pm
- Graham Neville joins Dax Restaurant April 25, 2017
- Olivier donates €8,100 to Dublin Simon April 19, 2017
- Six Nations Rugby Lunches December 28, 2016
- Christmas Holidays December 28, 2016
- Saturday Christmas Lunch 17th December November 29, 2016
- Help Dax help the Homeless this Christmas November 21, 2016
- Rugby Internationals – Autumn 2016 September 6, 2016
- New Early Bird times for autumn 2016 – Culture Night 2016 September 6, 2016
- Festive Season Group Dining September 6, 2016